Monday, May 30, 2016

God is REAL!

Sister Tualufo- Mikaela's 3rd comp for her mission.
Wow!!

My heart is full.  This week was full of miracles.  Truly God is aware of each and every one of us.  I will share my favorite story from this week.  If I shared all of them you would be reading this email until tomorrow. 

So one evening all of our plans had fallen through and it seeemed like no one wanted to talk to us.  We decided to pray and ask for direction so that we could find someone that needed our message.  As soon as we said amen I felt compelled to go back to a place we had been earlier in the week.  We walked up to a door that was half way opened and I saw a woman inside.  I don´t even remember finishing my sentence before she invited us in.  She said that she had prayed that day that God would send angels and that he sent us.  

When she said that I realized how much God cares about each and every one of us.  He heard her prayer and he heard our prayer.  I´m so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve a mission!  I´ve never seen the Lord´s hand so apparent in my life as I have seen here. 

Yesterday was Stake Conference here in Mindelo.  Elder Homer of the seventy spoke and it was incredible!  He related the story of the pioneers and how they had so much faith that they never gave up, even when conditions were so bad that many wanted to just lay down and die.  He asked how can we have faith like that?  He then gave us 3 things. 

1.  Understand that God and Jesus Christ are REAL.  They exist. 
2.  Understand the character and nature of them.  God is our loving Heavenly Father, Jesus is our brother and Savior.
3.  Continually seek to align your will with the will of the Father.  

As you do this your faith will be strengthened.  

I know without a doubt that God is real.  He exists. And he loves each and everyone of us more than we can imagine.  Jesus Christ is our Savior.  He suffered all of our pains so that he would know how to help each and every one of us.  Turn to them.  Trust them.  In turn you will be strengthened.  Your faith will grow.  You will find a peace that can only be found through them. 

Thank you for the support and love!

Sister Frongner

4 Sisters whom live together on Sao Vicente, Mindelo




One cool thing that I didn´t include in my weekly email was that I met this guy in the cyber last week and he started asking me all these questions about the church and the plan of salvation and then I put him in contact with the sisters that work in his area.  And I guess he accepted a baptismal date that same day!! And the sisters ran into him like 4 times.  He was at stake conference yesterday.  It´s just cool to see how God puts people in your path.

  You asked how the music is.  The first month I was here they have this electric piano that if you hit the keys to the right beat of the song it will play the hymn for you.  But the ´pianist´never hit the notes at the right beat so the sacrament hymns were always a little bit of a comedy for me to listen to.   But then I started playing the piano, and every Sunday it´s like a big site reading test.  Because literally I just get up and play the first second third hymn and sit down.  I never get to practice or know what the songs are until I sit down to the piano.  And then I´ll look the song up and half of them time I don´r recognize the song because it´s in Portuguese, and the other half of the time I don´t know the song because it´s an only Portuguese hymn.  Haha but it´s fun.  The people here don´t know how to sing on key and everyone sings SO SLOW.  But it´s one of those qwirky things you just love.  Because everyone sings with all their heart whether they are singing the right words/rhythm/pitch or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment