Monday, May 23, 2016

More Portuguese, Prayer, and Flashlights...

Hey friends and family!  

Well here is another short email for the week.  I can't seem to remember what happened this week....

Anyway, this week was good!  I'm gaining more patience with myself and the whole Portuguese thing. Let's just say practice pays off and God is real.  I am understanding more and more every day and I think I can say a lot more than I could just 2 weeks ago.  

I've learned to turn my heart more and more to the Lord this past week.  I usually can just tell my comp exactly how I'm feeling, but expressing myself in a different language is a lot harder than I expected. I'm learning not only that I can turn to the Lord but that I should turn to the Lord. It's truly amazing that we have the opportunity to pray.  That we literally can talk with God and that he hears and answers our prayers.  I have felt his comfort and direction as I've turned more and more to Him. 

This week we were teaching a family and one of the children said that he had prayed. I asked him if he got an answer to his prayer and he said "yes!  I heard a voice." My companion and I leaned in, excited to hear what this child had to say, and then he said, "it said that these things were kind of true." Hahaha, it was cute, but we then talked about that he can know for a surety through prayer.  He said he would keep praying. 

Last night just about all of the street lamps in my area were out.  I love my area, but when you can't see anything more than 5 feet in front of you it becomes a little nerve racking.  I'm so grateful for flashlights! 

Until next week, 
Lots of love,

Sister Frongner

No comments:

Post a Comment