Monday, May 29, 2017

The Praia Life: MIRACLES...

Hey family! 
What a week. So many MIRACLES!!!!
There is a couple that we are teaching, Ani and Manuel.  They are the sweetest couple but Manuel has been struggling with cancer.  We taught them about marriage and as we taught we felt like we should talk about the temple.  We talked about how families can be together forever.  At the beginning of the lesson they didn´t seem very interested in marriage but the spirit touched their hearts as we talked about the blessings of the temple.  At the end of the lesson Ani just looked at us and said, "I´m going there someday." 
I´m so grateful for the knowledge that truly families can be together forever.  Death is not the end!  Christ lives. He knows each of us individually and as each of us reach out to Him, the power of the Atonement will enter into our lives.  Through Him we can be healed, strengthened, and become the children of God that our loving Heavenly Father knows that we can become. 
A couple weeks ago me and Sister Bybee contacted a young man, Isaias in the road who was talking to a returned missionary.  We asked him if he was a member and he was like yeah.  And then his friend said, no he´s not baptized.  Then Isaias said well the only thing I´m missing is baptism.  Haha so we started teaching him and he will be baptized this weekend! It´s so cool how the Lord works.  Truly his hand is in the details of His work.
There is another family, whom the mother and father will get married here in 2 1/2 weeks.  We are so excited for them!  They have been coming to church for the longest time and they have finally made the decision to get married and baptized.  Truly the faith of these people astound me.  They come from such humble backgrounds. 

I love the mission and I wish it would never end.  But I think I´m going to have to accept the fact that time just keeps moving.  I love Cabo Verde and I love these people. And most of all I love my Savior Jesus Christ who truly suffered everything for each and everyone of us so that we each have the opportunity to return to live with our Father in Heaven.  
I hope you all have an amazing week!  Count your many blessings!

Sister Frongner






No comments:

Post a Comment