Monday, January 25, 2016

3rd Week at the MTC

Hola minhas amigas e familia!

This week has definitely had it's ups and has definitely had it's downs.   But all is well.  Hence the title of this weeks email, tudo bem means all is well.  Hahaha and we say it to each other all the time.  

This past Wednesday there was a world wide missionary broadcast!  It was for all of the missionaries in all of the MTC's and in the field.  It was the first time they've done it in about ten years.  So that was cool to be a part of.  A handful of the apostles spoke.  It was awesome! 

On Thursday I accompanied a sister in my zone, and we tried out to perform a musical number for one of the devotionals or meetings held at the MTC.  They said we made it and so I will find out when we're performing sometime in the next couple weeks!  We performed How Great Thou Art.  She has an beautiful opera-ish voice.

Friday came around and my companion was still having migraines from her concussion so we convinced her to go to the doctor's again and come to find out her concussion got worse because well... MTC life is crazy.  So she has been on bed rest for the past three days.  Good news today though!   She went back and they said she can start going back to class, she just has to take it easy.  Send some prayers her way!

I got to teach district meeting on Sunday!  Our theme was on Faith in Jesus Christ.  It's amazing how much more you learn when you teach.  

Also earlier this week we had a substitute teacher who served in Portugal (our actual teachers served in Brazil), and he helped us with our pronunciation.  I guess we've got more of a Brazilian accent from our teachers.  Haha but he spoke a little Cabo Verde Creole because there was a lot of Cabo Verdeans in Portugal.  Anywho I didn't understand a word he said... So landing in Cabo Verde will definitely be an adventure!! So excited!

This week I have felt like all of my short comings are becoming very obvious to me.  Which is good as long as I do positive things about them.  It's been motivating and discouraging depending on the day and the hour.  But I've learned that as we take our weaknesses, faults, and trials to God that He can truly lift us and help us change. 

Eu sei que cuando nos temos fe em Jesus Cristo, Ele ajudara levantar nos fardos e ajuda-nos vencer nos provacois. Eu sei que cuando nos achugarem-se a Cristo nos tera mais paz em nos vidas.   Eu sei que Jesus Crist vives e sabe nos individualmente.  Eu sei que nos somos filhos de Deus e Ele quer nos achugarem-se Ele por meio oracao, fe, e arrependimento.  Deus ama-nos, e Ele quer guiar nos un nos vidas. Eu sou grato por isto opportunidade e eu estou muito animado para servir as pessoas em Cabo Verde.

[I know that when we have faith in Jesus Christ, he will help lift our burdens and help us overcome our trials.  I know that wen we come unto Christ we will have more peace in our lives.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and knows us individually.  I know that we are children of God and he wants us to come unto Him through prayer, faith, and repentance.  God loves us, and he wants to guide us in our lives.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity and I'm very excited to serve the people in Cape Verde.]


3 weeks from today I will be on a plane to Africa!! We should be receiving our flight plans soon!  

Thank you all for your support!! 

Com Amor,

Sister Frongner 

No comments:

Post a Comment