Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 4 MTC- Laughing is the best Medicine

Hola!

Nothing too crazy happened this week.  In fact I'm having a hard time remembering anything that happened this week.  Time is flying by.   I can't believe I've been here for almost 4 weeks!  2 left and I'll be out of here! I'm way excited to leave, but a little frightened considering I feel like I don't know enough about Portuguese, or teaching, or being a missionary.... but those are all things I will learn as I go I guess. 

So Saturday was probably my worst day on the mission yet.  It was just one of those down days where it seems like nothing wants to go in the right direction.  We've all had them.  Anyway, I had hit the point where I felt like the day literally couldn't get much worse.  We had gone to gym and on the way out I always race Sister Hart back to the "residence" so we feel like we get somewhat of a work out in since we usually play volleyball the whole time.  So I'm sprinting out of the gym and WHACK!  I'm definitely not on my feet anymore.  Right by the entrance the ground was wet from everyone tracking snow inside. I quickly became aware that there was a plentiful amount of witnesses besides Sister Hart and I, and it was at that moment that I burst into hysterical laughter.  And I'm not kidding you my day turned all the way around.  I tell you, laughter truly is the best medicine.  Sometimes we just gotta shake it off, laugh at ourselves, and move on.  Hahaha blessings come in strange ways...and falling on my face happened to be a blessing that day.


Yesterday, Sister Phipps and I performed, "How Great Thou Art," for our ward and one of the Elders who plays the cello got to join in!  It turned out great.  We still haven't got our performance date for an MTC event, but I'll let you know when that happens.  Sister Reneer and I were also released as music coordinator yesterday.  It was a fun calling while it lasted :) Also Sister Reneer and her concussion are doing a lot better!  

Last night we had a devotional by Matthew O. Richardson, and he shared the quote by... I don't remember.... that says "What e'er thou art, act well thy part."  He talked about how we have all been given different talents and shortcomings, and that we shouldn't try to be anyone else but ourselves.  It is when we embrace who we are that we can become the best [insert your name] we can be.  We aren't meant to be anyone else but ourselves.  When it comes down to it, when we get to heaven we won't be weighed against each other, we will be weighed against who we could have become.

I am loving my time here!  Even on the days that are the worst, somehow I still love it here.  The spirit here, the people here, the things we learn... I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I'm learning so much about myself and about the gospel and my relationship with my Heavenly Father.  

One of my favorite scriptures of the week is Alma 38:5 "And now my [son/daughter], [insert your name], I would that ye should remember that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."  I love where it says, "as much as ye shall put your trust in God..." The more you put your trust in God the more he will be able to support you. I know God wants to hear from each and every one of us.  We are his children!  He cares about us and wants the best for us.  He wants to help us and support us in our lives.

Thank you so much for your support!! Love you all to pieces!!!

Lots of love, 

Sister Frongner

Week 4 MTC- Mikaela's District on temple walk "Love these people!" 


Sister Hart (Mikaela's best friends, friend from way back)
Mikaela's district were the HOSTS for international missionaries last week

2 weeks til AFRICA...Sister Frongner, Sister Reneer and other 2 head to Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment