Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 6 ...Um Loco Semana

 HOLA!!

Wow, I cannot believe that I will be on a plane to Africa in 2 days!!! The MTC has been awesome.  I'm sad to leave all of the awesome friendships that I've made, but I'm so excited to go to Cape Verde!!

This week was probably the most eventful week of the MTC.  On Wednesday my district and I got to host the international missionaries!! I took around 4 cute little sitter missionaries from the Philippines.  Later that evening we got to be example missionaries for the new missionary orientation.  They had a room of about 30 new missionaries and then there was an investigator and we would knock on the door and introduce ourselves and give an example of "How to Begin Teaching."  
Last Pic of my district...before heading to Cape Verde!
On Thursday the whole day was set aside for infield orientation.  Friday I got a letter in the mail informing me that I would be performing with Sister Phipps at the Sunday Night DEVOTIONAL!!!  I was so pumped!!!!  

Bad news of the week, my companion went to the doctors and found out that she has severe pneumonia. I feel so bad, she's really had quite the series of unfortunate events at the MTC. She has been delayed to leave until March 2 so that she can fully recover and catch up on the language.  Continue to send prayers her way please!

Yesterday I performed for all of the missionaries in the MTC at the Sunday Night Devotional!! It was such a cool experience.  I've never performed in front of so many people, but at the same time I've never felt so calm in a performance before than I did in that one.  

I don't have much time today to write because I have to get my bags packed and within the weight limit tonight.  I will be headed out of the MTC Wednesday morning! 

My theme scripture for the week is in Psalms 46, "Be still and know that I am God."  There are so many things that happen in life that are hard and difficult and don't make sense.  But as we turn to God we can find peace in knowing that everything will work out in the end.  In Hymn #134, "I Believe in Christ"  it says, "I believe in Christ, so come what may." We will never be given a trial that we cannot handle and overcome with God on our side. 

This past month and half has changed my life and I look forward to the next year and half in front of me.  This truly has been an incredible experience!  Thank you to everyone that has written me with encouraging words or even just to update me on your life.  I love hearing from everyone.  

Next time I write I'll be in Africa! Entao LOCO!  Eu estou muito animado! Eu vou falar para voces em breve!  (So CRAZY! I am very excited! I will talk to you all soon!) Tchau!

Muito Amor, 
Sister Mikaela Frongner

All the Sisters in my zone


It will be a while before she sees more of this white stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment