Monday, March 21, 2016

I'm REALLY in AFRICA!!!

Hey friends and fam! 

This week has been incredible.  I think it's finally hitting me that I'm actually in Africa.  Haha and I'm loving it more and more every day.  

This week we had divisions, so my companion and I went to Cha De Marinha and split with the sister training leaders for the day.  It was cool to see a different part of the island! 

Anyway, I don't know how it took me so long to realize, but a lot of the houses don't have electricity or running water.  I didn't realize that everyone has to go buy their water and pack it to their house.  Do you guys realize how many things you need water for?!  Cooking, cleaning, showering, drinking, etc. etc. etc.  Imagine packing jug by jug all the water you need.  EVERY DAY.  

One of my favorite lessons was last night.  We were teaching Eneida and her family.  We were all sitting on the floor and we taught the Plan of Salvation by the light of my flashlight.  Eneida and her daughter had already been taught the second lesson, so we were focusing on her little boy.  We would teach a point in Portuguese, and then Eneida would teach her son in Creole, and then she would jump ahead of us and start teaching him more.  Every once in a while her daughter would jump in and teach too.  It was just a really cool experience as I sat there and observed their little family teaching each other the plan God has for them.

Andre wasn't baptized on Saturday because he started having lots of doubts about being baptized and had some troubles with the word of wisdom.  BUT we reinvited him to pray and ask God if he should be baptized, and he got his answer!  He's planning on being baptized this Saturday.  I'll keep you all updated.  He is so awesome! 

One thing that I learned this week is that God made each of us exactly who we are for a reason We all have different likes and dislikes, personalities, looks, callings, etc. We shouldn't compare ourselves to others or try to be some one else because we're going to miss out on becoming the best us!  Anyway, I really want to focus more on having an eye single to God so I can have his direction on how to be the best me.  I invite you all to do the same, because God has a super cool plan for each of our individual lives.  Don't try to live someone elses life, or you're going to miss out on your own! 

Haha anywho, that's all the time I've got.  I'll write more next week! 
Much love,
Sister Frongner


No comments:

Post a Comment