Monday, June 27, 2016

First week in FOGO...

Sister Frongner and her companion Sister Larsen
Hey family!

This week we started off with a wedding! It was awesome!  The bride is pregnant.  We had her baptism on Saturday.  Let´s just say finding baptismal clothes for a pregnant woman is not the easiest thing to do.  But her baptism was great, she didn´t smile at me all week... Until her baptism.  She had the biggest smile on her face!      

  Haha the mission has so many highs and so many lows.  There´s never a dull moment though. 

I read a talk yesterday called `Come What May and Love It`. Such a good talk!  If you get the chance read it.  

I love Fogo so much! The people here are SO nice and the island is absolutley gorgeous!  I can´t say there´s one thing I don´t like..... besides the cockroaches.  I think I killed more cockroaches the first day here than I have in total on my mission.  I´m pretty sure I killed 1,000 cockroaches this week.  Hahaha, anyway Fogo is amazing.  The Kreole is so different!  But I´m starting to catch on. They have some american food on this island so guess what I ate this week..... PANCAKES! With syrup.  It was great.

If you ever are wondering how I am doing just know for a fact that I am sweating.  A lot.  This island is SO HOT.  It makes sense considering the name of the island means fire.  I saw the volcanoe when I flew in, but I live really far away from the volcanoe so I haven´t seen it since.  

I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here!  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  There is not one sin or pain that he did not suffer for.  He suffered for all those that will believe on His name. Because of Him we have the opportunity to change, to be cleansed, and ultimately return to the presence of our Heavenly Father.   Turn to Him. Trust Him.  He is there. He is real.  He lives!

Thank you for the support and love!  Sorry to those I have not emailed, the past couple weeks have been cut short. 

Much love, 

Sister Frongner  
pictures from the island FOGO

Black sparkly sands from the volcano

More pictures from FOGO
first baptism on Fogo since Mikaela arrived last Monday

to follow...the wedding



No comments:

Post a Comment