Sunday, July 17, 2016

Another week in Fogo....

Monday started as 4th of July, and Tues was July 5 Cabo Verde Independance Day
Hola familia e amigos!

Tudo bem? This week was great! And hard.  But that goes for about every week on the mission.  Haha, anyway we had a lot of success this week!  We found a lot of people to teach and a lot of people excited about the gospel! 

But it seems with all things good comes disappointments too.  We were blasted with antimormon stuff from one of our investigators and our other investigator that was going to get baptized this Saturday decided that he didn´t want to be baptized.

Sometimes I just sit back after working so hard and wonder what more can I do?    I think often times in life everyone has moments of discouragement. My comp shared an awesome scripture with me this morning.  This is for all those who at one time or another have felt discouraged D&C 50:40-46.

40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear allthings now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.
41 Fear notlittle childrenfor you are mine, and have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;
 42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.
 43 And the Father and are oneam in the Father and theFather in me; and in as much as ye have received me, ye are in me and in you.
 44 Wherefore, am in your midst, and am the good shepherdand   the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.
 45 And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and see me, and know that am.
 46 Watchtherefore, that ye may be readyEven so. Amen.
Trust in the Lord! He lives. He loves.  He´s there with arms open.
Sister Frongner
Lunch break

Fogo

Sunset in Fogo

More pictures from the island Fogo

Mikaela and her companion Sister Larsen

Pictures taken from Fogo


Brazilian Black Bean stew in Africa...sent her the recipe...It turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment